Robert Louis Stevenson famously declared that “wine is bottled poetry.” We’ll drink to that! The good news is that you don't have to travel all the way to Napa to discover some great wines. Here’s a list of wineries and vineyards that are in Colorado, just a short day trip for Terrain residents.
- Balistreri Vineyards is located in Denver and offers tastings, tours, and lunch every day from 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. This local winery boasts an array of awards, seasonally-inspired lunch dishes, and upcoming summer events such as Italian Wine and Movie Night on July 22, and their 3rd Annual Showcase Dinner on August 4.
- Creekside Cellars in Evergreen calls itself much more than a winery; it is “an Italian cafe” featuring good wine to be shared among good people on their outdoor deck overlooking Bear Creek. They are open seven days a week from 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- In a creative mood? Try Colorado’s “creative” winery! You can make your own bottle at InVINtions Winery in Greenwood Village. Work side by side with their winemakers and choose from over 100 wines from all over the world, complete with your very own customized label.
- Drop by and enjoy a view of the foothills at one of Colorado’s newest urban wineries, Carboy. They offer daily happy hour from 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. and boast a fun menu and a friendly, casual environment.
- How about a weekend getaway? The Grande River Vineyards is considered the “gateway to Colorado’s wine country.” Located in Palisade, this award-winning vineyard offers tastings every day from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and is also hosting a summer concert series throughout the months of July and August. Enjoy dinner and drinks under the stars, and all proceeds benefit local charities, so drink up!
- If you’re looking for a place to stay while you tour the wineries in Palisade, consider booking a room at the Wine Country Inn. This Victorian-style hotel is located on 21 acres of working vineyards and is near over a dozen more. Make time for horseback rides, orchard tours, day hikes, sight-seeing at the Grand Mesa, and, of course, the daily wine reception.
In addition to enjoying some of Colorado’s tasty wine, there are also plenty of fun things to do in Castle Rock this summer, including kid-friendly events, outdoor activities, and local dining options for your next night out. Salut!
Terrain is a planned community of new homes in Castle Rock ranging from the $300s – $600s. Terrain residents enjoy a Colorado lifestyle complete with the opportunity to organize their own wine tastings and other social events in the beautiful community clubhouse.